Training Programme on International Trading System
SAWTEE, in collaboration with the Ministry of Commerce and Supplies (MoCS), Government of Nepal, and USAID/NEAT Activity, organized a three-day training programme on “International Trading System” on 7-9 February 2012 in Godavari, Lalitpur. The major objectives of the training were to enhance understanding of the trainees on various issues of international trade, to enhance their capacity to effectively implement trade agreements and to equip them with knowledge and skills for trade negotiation. Twenty-nine participants representing MoCS, Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Industry, Department of Commerce, Trade and Export Promotion Centre, Nepal Rastra Bank, Federation of Nepalese Chamber of Commerce and Industry and District Chambers participated in the training. The training was based on the training manual prepared by SAWTEE.
The three-day training programme was divided into 11 sessions that covered trends in international trade, trade theories, trading system in Nepal, export and import opportunities and challenges and transit system, world trading system and hierarchy of regulatory and institutional arrangements, multilateral trading arrangement, multilateral institutions and their involvement in trade issues, international marketing research and market access for Nepalese products, trade flow analysis and study methodology, and trade negotiations. During the training, participants were also assigned case studies that were discussed in sub-groups and later presented to the whole group.
At the closing of the event, Mr. Lal Mani Joshi, Secretary, MoCS, distributed certificates to the participants.
- Trends in International Trade
- Overview of Trade Theories
- Overview of Trading System in Nepal
- Export and Import Opportunities and Challenges, and Transit System
- World trading system and hierarchy of regulatory and institutional arrangements
- Multilateral trading System
- Foreign Exchange Management, Regulation and External Payment Processes in Nepal
- Introduction to multilateral institutions and their involvement in trade issues
- International Marking Research and Market Access for Nepalese Products
- Trade Flow Analysis and Study Methodology
- Introduction to Trade Negotiation